how to save up to $5000 on your purchase of PPE?
- ecommerce, Face shields, Gloves, Masks, No touch thermometers, personal protective equipment, plexiglass, ppe, Sanitizer, sneeze guards
- November 17, 2020
what is CUSBRF?
The Canada United Small Business Relief Fund (CUSBRF) is a grant program which has finite funds, so apply quickly today to take advantage of this program.
This program has three categories for reimbursements. Eligible categories include:
1) Purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE)
2) Renovation of space to adhere to reopening guidelines
3) Enhancement of website/developing e-commerce capabilities
save up to $5000 on your purchase of PPE
Twiisted Media offers the manufacturing and production of personal protective equipment (PPE) following the guidelines set out by Health Canada and BC Centre for Disease Control. We offer acrylic sneeze guard barriers, acrylic floor stand barriers, custom plexiglass barriers, hand sanitizer dispensers and temperature sensors.
Our team at Twiisted Media also offers website and ecommerce solutions if you’re planning on taking your products online and selling it through an ecommerce website.
Contact our team today to learn how you can take advantage of this program today with our products to protect your team members and customers. We can guide you through the application process for the Canada United Small Business Relief Fund (CUSBRF)
Eligible expenses directly related to the above categories are permitted provided that purchases were made no earlier than March 15, 2020. All eligible expenses must be incremental and a direct result of adjusting operations for COVID-19 safety guidelines. Normal or usual ongoing business costs are not eligible.
Purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Purchase of Personal Protective Equipment may include equipment purchased to ensure operations are safe for both customers and employees. Eligible equipment costs are incremental costs associated with additional precautions for COVID-19, not normal ongoing business costs. equipment can include:
- Face shields
- Disinfectant chemicals/ wipes
- Chemical sprayers
- No touch thermometers
- Protective gear such as scrubs, lab coats, etc.
Renovation of space to adhere to re-opening guidelines
Renovation of space includes alterations specifically related to Covid-19 that are temporary or permanent, made to the applicant’s business to reduce the risk to customers or staff. These renovations can include:
- The building or purchase of physical barriers (plexiglass, sneeze guards, etc.)
- The creation of signage or floor markers
- The building or purchase of sanitizing stations
- The building or purchase of materials used to create a structure to facilitate curbside pickup or contactless payment, or to otherwise move aspects of the business outside (outside buildings, tents, etc.)
- The installation of touchless devices such as doors, waste containers and bathroom upgrades (taps sinks, etc.)
- The installation or purchase/rental of equipment/furniture to ensure safe customer facing operations and associated electrical and plumbing work directly attributable to the renovation.
- Third party labour costs associated with any of the above provided there is no conflict of interest with such third party
Enhancement of website/ developing e-commerce capability
Enhancement of website/ e-commerce capability involves developing or upgrading a website to better serve customers and pivot business operations as a direct response to Covid -19. Detailed description of enhancements must be provided including quotes where applicable.
Enhancement of website – Expenses can include:
- Creating or designing a website
- Hiring external staff for copywriting to write/enhance descriptions found on the website
- Having professional photos taken for products
E-commerce capability – Expenses can include:
- The one-time set-up fee for online e-commerce transactions
- Monthly fees (from March to September 2020) to support new e-commerce set up. Costs must be incremental – monthly costs associated with pre-existing e-commerce platforms are not eligible.
- Webinar software to allow continued engagement with customers
- Hardware allowing for touchless payment