Government is slowly preparing to reopen the economy in what they dubbed “BC’s Restart Plan”
- Design, INSPIRATIONS
- bc reopen, BC restart plan, BC’s Restart Plan, Glass barrier, sneeze guard, sneeze guards, transparent shield
- May 11, 2020
Image source: gov.bc.ca/restartbc.com
As the government is slowly preparing to reopen the economy in what they dubbed “BC’s Restart Plan”, they have listed a series of steps in order to slowly bring life to normal. The reopening plan for British Columbia is designed to protect people and ensure that the province can come back from COVID-19 stronger than before.
The plan from the B.C. government is to start allowing the following sectors to reopen based on the months.
- Restoration of health services including elective surgeries, dentistry, physiotherapy, registered massage therapy, chiropractors, physical therapy and speech therapy.
- The retail sector.
- Hair salons, barbers and other personal service establishments.
- In-person counselling.
- Restaurants, cafes, pubs, as long as there is sufficient distancing measures.
- Museums, art galleries, libraries.
- Office-based worksites.
- Recreation and sports.
- Parks, beaches and outdoor spaces.
- Transit services.
- Child care.
- Hotels and resorts
- Some overnight camping will be allowed in parks.
- Film industry, beginning with domestic productions, in June and July.
- Movies and symphony, but not large concerts.
- Post-secondary education, with a mix of online and in-class.
- Kindergarten to Grade 12.
To Be Determined:
- Night clubs, casinos and bars.
- Restrictions on large gatherings of 50 or more will remain in place.
- Conventions and professional sports and concerts with live audiences.
- International tourism.
As the number of cases in BC for the virus is declining, the idea is to implement a four phase plan to reopen the economy. As we start seeing successes, BC will start to expand the number of businesses and types of services and industries that can operate, albeit strict new protocols. Although there are many different items required for the different industries, one thing has remained constant, and that is the need to maintain distance or offer barriers for protection.
What can we do to help?
Twiisted Media understands that the many local businesses located in BC will have a need to reopen and start offering barriers between staff and customers to keep everyone safe. This is why we have started designing and offering our sneeze guards. During the past few weeks, we have taken the necessary resources to secure a large stockpile of acrylic sheets, plexiglass sheets and other plastics to allow for constructing the barriers. We have enough stock and we have been fine tuning our production and delivery to provide these essential items to businesses in a timely manner.
Where we located?
Twiisted Media is located in Richmond, and we are currently offering free curbside pickup. However, for customers that are located further away or prefer the convenience of shipping,
We can also offer shipping to the following major cities:
- Maple Ridge
- New Westminster
- Pitt Meadows
- Port Coquitlam
- Port Moody
- Prince George
- White Rocks
We can also ship out of province to:
Please contact us today if your city is not listed and you would like to inquire about shipping costs.